Information provided By BW3 (Business Working with Wythenshawe)
Volunteering – Hour Manchester – Greater Manchester local authorities have agreed to channel all volunteering opportunities through to one funnel in order to provide the greatest access for all during these times. Please register with The Manchester Volunteer Centre to volunteer and/or to post your volunteering opportunities (use links below). I would be grateful if you or or colleagues do volunteer to be send me an email with numbers so I can keep a track locally of what business are doing to support.
COVID-19 Community Volunteering Programme Manchester Community Central (Macc – a registered charity) are co-ordinating the COVID-19 Community Volunteering scheme.
There is also growing support for voluntary sector organisations, and Macc are inviting voluntary organisations to register the support they need. Where possible, volunteers from the programme will be matched to these organisations to help them to continue to do what they do.
For individuals wanting to volunteer click: https://www.manchestercommunitycentral.org/covid-19-community-volunteering-0
For voluntary sector organisations that require assistance please register here: https://www.manchestercommunitycentral.org/coronavirus-advice-and-resources/covid-19-support-voluntary-sector-organisations
For interest in volunteering in any of the other Greater Manchester authorities please see: https://volunteergm.org/
NHS Volunteer Responders has been set up to support the NHS during the COVID-19 outbreak. They need an ‘army’ of volunteers who can support the 1.5m people in England who are at most risk from the virus to stay well.
You can help by signing up for one or more of the tasks listed below:
- Community Response volunteer: This role involves collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home
- Patient Transport volunteer: This role supports the NHS by providing transport to patients who are medically fit for discharge, and ensuring that they are settled safely back in to their home.
- NHS Transport volunteer: This role involves transporting equipment, supplies and/or medication between NHS services and sites, it may also involve assisting pharmacies with medication delivery
- Check-in and Chat volunteer: This role provides short-term telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness as a consequence of self-isolation.
Your volunteer time is valuable to the community especially at this difficult time.
Supplies and Equipment
- Wythenshawe Foodbank – all centres are closed for collection of food parcels from the general public. They remain open for referral agencies to collect from a central depot on behalf of clients and will continue to offer an emergency food provision working closely with all these agencies. Please drop off donations at Unit E between 9 and 12, Monday to Friday. The address is Unit-E, 10-11 Etrop Way, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M22 5UK : Access via Ainley Road service yard
- If you have spare hand sanitizer – Haveley Hey Primary School. Contact Leanne Straker to make arrangements – firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.mastercall.org.uk/ require webcams to carry out online consultations with patients. They also need rubberised keyboards, goggles and visors.
Mutual Aid Groups – Local people are coming together to offer support in their local area during the outbreak using Facebook this is being co-ordinated by Mutual Aid UK
Helpful Links – Please see the link to find the latest information for businesses from Manchester City Council. This covers business rates; the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme; paying sick pay to employees and other support from Government.
Please note for the latest UK wide information, please visit the gov.uk website COVID-19: support for businesses.
Guidance published by the government to support apprentices, employers and training providers through this difficult period can be found here
Government travel advice: gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
Help with debt, bills and borrowing: manchester.gov.uk/helpinghands
NHS advice and information: nhs.uk/coronavirus
Headspace – Free mental health support for employers and employees https://www.headspace.com/work/covid-
If you have an offer of free support to another business, or are in need of guidance please let me know.
Please share this email with your colleagues and if people from your organisation take part in any volunteering can you please up date me so a record of who and what is happening can be recorded?